December 3-9 is National Influenza Vaccination Week.
We here at the Health Department want you to stay healthy this flu season! Here are some helpful tips to keep the flu bug away this winter.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- If you are sick, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except to get medical care or other necessities.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like flu.
For more information on who should get vaccinated and who’s at risk visit : https://www.cdc.gov/features/fighttheflu/index.html